Student teams interested in participating in the AEI Student Design Competition must register online by January 9, 2019. There is no cost to register a team.
During registration please review the following required Eligibility information:
- Name and contact information of team leader
- Name(s) and contact information of faculty advisor(s)
- Names and contact information of team members
- AEI membership numbers for all team members
- Indicate which categories the team will submit. Submissions are required in the building integration category and one or more of the following four categories: structural systems; mechanical systems; lighting/electrical systems; and construction management/methods
After the registration process is completed, teams will be assigned a team number to be used on all correspondence and submittals. Teams will also be forwarded building specific documentation upon registration.
Please note: The building information provided may be modified from the actual project, specifically for the purpose of the competition, and does not necessarily reflect all aspects of the original building design.
Competition Registration & Travel Reimbursement
Finalist teams will be reimbursed for a portion of their travel, conference registration, and hotel expenses. The reimbursements are intended to ease the financial obligations of the presenting team members and one faculty advisor. The actual reimbursement amount is dependent on the required travel distance/mode of transportation and will be determined by the AEI Student Design Competition Committee. It should not be expected that full reimbursements for registration and expenses will be provided for an entire team.
Teams will be required to submit receipts and an expense form for any reimbursement.
Team members and faculty advisors will be responsible for registering for the conference on their own.